HBase, mail # user - Hbase write stream blocking and any solutions?

+
yun peng 2013-06-09, 13:28
+
lars hofhansl 2013-06-09, 23:33
+
yun peng 2013-06-10, 02:17
+
lars hofhansl 2013-06-10, 17:29
+
Kevin Odell 2013-06-10, 13:37
Re: Hbase write stream blocking and any solutions?
lars hofhansl 2013-06-10, 17:46
Thanks Kevin,

great point about the HLog sizing.
That reminds me, I wrote a blog about RegionServer sizing guidelines: http://hadoop-hbase.blogspot.com/2013/01/hbase-region-server-memory-sizing.html
I'll add a comment about the HLog size/number there as well.
The HLogs are by default sized at 95% of the HDFS blocksize and default number of HLogs is 32 (so 1945mb by default).

The overall memstore size per RegionServer is capped at 40% of the heap by default. I think we could some better auto tuning here.
-- Lars