Avro >> mail # user >> In Java, how can I create an equivalent of an Apache Avro container file without being forced to use a File as a medium?

Re: In Java, how can I create an equivalent of an Apache Avro container file without being forced to use a File as a medium?
Hi Bernard,

I think you're looking for the DataFileStream class:
http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.5.4/api/java/org/apache/avro/file/DataFileStream.html

Some of the command line tools use this class-- e.g. see
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/avro/tags/release-1.5.4/lang/java/tools/src/main/java/org/apache/avro/tool/ToTextTool.java?revision=1169533&view=markuplines
64-69.

Best,
Joe