HBase, mail # dev - org.apache.hadoop.hbase vs org.apache.hbase namespace

Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase vs org.apache.hbase namespace
Matt Corgan 2013-02-07, 17:33
I just started putting it there a year ago because i thought we were trying
to move out of the hadoop package after becoming a top level project.
 Seems like there hasn't been much of a push though.  Easy enough to move
prefix-tree back into hadoop if we want.

Some issues in the way of moving everything out of hadoop:
* @InterfaceAudience.Public annotations on RPC classes
* classes used by client code (Bytes.java) would have their imports broken
* HFiles contain full package name of their comparators