MapReduce >> mail # user >> map container is assigned default memory size rather than user configured which will cause TaskAttempt failure

Re: map container is assigned default memory size rather than user configured which will cause TaskAttempt failure
Manu!

This should not be the case. All tasks should have the configuration values you specified propagated to them. Are you sure your setup is correct? Are they always the same nodes which run with 1024Mb? Perhaps you have mapred-site.xml on those nodes?

HTH
Ravi