Avro >> mail # user >> C/C++ parsing vs. Java parsing.

Re: C/C++ parsing vs. Java parsing.
> 3. C
>
> avro_schema_t *person_schema = (avro_schema_t*)malloc(sizeof(avro_schema_t));
> (avro_schema_from_json_literal(jsonstring, person_schema))
>
> returns:
>
> Error was Error parsing JSON: string or '}' expected near end of file
>
> So is this a bug? or am i calling it wrong.

That error message is from the JSON parser we use internally — it claims that there's a syntax error in the JSON that you've passed in.  Can you send us the snippet where you define jsonstring?  It might be an issue of escaping things correctly in the C string literal.  Also, there's a comment where avro_schema_from_json_literal is defined, saying that jsonstring must be defined as a "char[]" and not a "char *".  And of course it could also be an actual syntax error.  :-)

–doug