HBase >> mail # user >> HBase becomes ultra-slaggy

HBase becomes ultra-slaggy
Hi,

My cluster started being incredibly slow in the past 2 days.
I've seen many Blocking updates on the region server logs, which lead me to believe HDFS creates is the bottleneck.
I ran a small test (hadoop fs -copyFromLocal big3_3Giga.tz.gz /tmp) which copies a 3.3G file, and I was surprised to see a rate of 11MB/sec, when it was previously around 28MB/sec.

I have 3 RS computers, hosting DataNode and embedded zookeeper as well.
And 1 Master computer, hosting NameNode as well.

The slowest computer has Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz, 4GB.

What steps can I take to find out the source of this slowdown?
Thanks!

Asaf Mesika
+
Stack 2012-07-09, 19:19