HBase >> mail # dev >> help with building hbase trunk against hadoop trunk

+
Hari Mankude 2013-02-25, 17:07
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-25, 17:10
Re: help with building hbase trunk against hadoop trunk
If you want to build against hadoop 3.0 you will probably need to hack the
pom to make it so (you could use a similar method as the 2.x stuff). Then
you want to install hadoop 3.0 in your local maven repo (some form of 'mvn
install').

Then, supposing you do hacked the pom, you would run:
mvn -o install -DskipTests -Dhadoop.profile=3.0

The key here being the -o flag to run in offline mode and just use the
installed hadoop dependency. You might need to do a regular install first,
and then add the 3.0 and -o flags so you have all the build dependencies
locally.

Does that make sense?

-Jesse
-------------------
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried the following command with hadoop trunk and it succeeded:
> mvn install -DskipTests
>
> Cheers
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Hari Mankude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do I build hbase trunk against local version of hadoop trunk?
> >
> > I see that hadoop 3.0 maven artificat has not been provided and hence I
> > cannot use -Dhadoop.profile=3.0 as a build arg. Do I need to build a
> local
> > maven artificat for hadoop trunk?  If so, how is this done?
> >
> > thanks
> > hari

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-02-25, 22:23