HBase >> mail # user >> Re: HBase is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately

Re: HBase is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately
Try this settings check what you have and what you dont have in the
configuration :
*<configuration>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.rootdir</name>*
*<value>hdfs://{your machine name} or {localhost}:9000/hbase</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.master</name>*
*<value>{your machine name} or {localhost}:60000</value>*
*<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.regionserver.port</name>*
*<value>60020</value>*
*<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
*
*</property>*
*<!--<property>*
*<name>hbase.master.port</name>*
*<value>60000</value>*
*<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
*
*</property>-->*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>*
*<value>true</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.tmp.dir</name>*
*<value>/home/shashwat/Hadoop/hbase-0.90.4/temp</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>*
*<value>{your machine name} or {localhost}</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>dfs.replication</name>*
*<value>1</value>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>*
*<value>2181</value>*
*<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.*
*The port at which the clients will connect.*
*</description>*
*</property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>*
*<value>/home/shashwat/zookeeper</value>*
*<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.*
*The directory where the snapshot is stored.*
*</description>*
*</property>*
*
*
*
*
*<property>*
* <name>zookeeper.session.timeout</name>*
* <value>18000000</value>*
* <description>Session Time out.</description>*
*      </property>*
* <property>*
* <name>hbase.client.scanner.caching</name>*
* <value>5000</value>*
* </property>*
*<property>*
*<name>hbase.regionserver.lease.period</name>*
*<value>2400000</value>*
*</property>*
Thanx and regards

Shashwat Shriparv

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> which distribution are you using??actually this is not possible..it
> must be there..download it put it there
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Manu S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Tariq,
> >
> > Thank you!!
> > I already changed the maxClientCnxns to 1000.
> > Also we have set CLASSPATH that includes all the Hadoop,HBase & Zookeper
> > path's. I think copying hadoop .jar files to Hbase lib folder is the same
> > affect of setting CLASSPATH with all the folders.
> > There is no commons-configuration-*.jar inside hadoop/lib folder.
> >
> > Any other options?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Manu S
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Actually zookeeper servers have an active connections limit, which by
> >> default is 30. You can increase this limit by setting maxClientCnxns
> >> property accordingly in your zookeeper config file, zoo.cfg. For
> >> example - maxClientCnxns=100....but before that copy the
> >> hadoop-core-*.jar present inside hadoop folder to the hbase/lib
> >> folder.Also copy commons-configuration-1.6.jar from hadoop/lib folder
> >> to hbase/lib folder and check it once and see if it works for you.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>     Mohammad Tariq

> HADOOP_CLASSPATH="/usr/lib/hadoop/:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/:/usr/lib/hadoop/conf/"
> >> >

> HBASE_CLASSPATH="/usr/lib/hbase/:/usr/lib/hbase/lib/:/usr/lib/hbase/conf/:/usr/lib/zookeeper/:/usr/lib/zookeeper/conf/:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/"

Shashwat Shriparv