HBase, mail # dev - COMPRESSION_COMPACT bug in shell?

COMPRESSION_COMPACT bug in shell?
Sergey Shelukhin 2012-10-15, 17:58
Hi.

I am trying to clean up console code for table create and alter; I am new
to the codebase and see the following behavior in trunk.
When column family specifies COMPRESSION_COMPACT, during alter it's set on
the column descriptor:

          descriptor = hcd(arg, htd)

          if arg[COMPRESSION_COMPACT]
            descriptor.setValue(COMPRESSION_COMPACT,
arg[COMPRESSION_COMPACT])
          end

But during create it's set on the table descriptor:
      # (3) column family spec
              descriptor = hcd(arg, htd)
              htd.setValue(COMPRESSION_COMPACT, arg[COMPRESSION_COMPACT])
if ...

 I see that elsewhere in alter (table_att handling) it's also set on the
table descriptor.

Setting it on the column descriptor looks like a bug...
Is that so, or am I missing something?
+
Stack 2012-10-15, 18:35