HBase >> mail # user >> Region hot spotting

+
Ajay Bhosle 2012-11-21, 07:19
Re: Region hot spotting
Hotspotting is bound to happen until the region starts splitting and gets
assigned to diff region servers.

Regards
Ram

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Ajay Bhosle
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am inserting some data in hbase which is getting hot spotted in a
> particular server. The format of the row key is (0 or
> 1)|[timestamp]_[sequence].  Basically I want to add log information to
> hbase
> and search the records based on range of dates.
>

> Can someone suggest any configuration changes or any ideas on how the row
> key should be design. I do not want to specify the splits while creating
> table.
>

> Thanks
>
> Ajay
>

> The information contained in this electronic message (email) and any
> attachments to this email are intended for the exclusive use of the
> addressee(s) and access to this email by any one else is unauthorised. The
> email may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or
> information relating to Reliance Group. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and
> delete this communication and any attachments thereto, immediately from
> your computer. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> communication and the attachments thereto (in whole or part), in any
> manner, is strictly prohibited and actionable at law. The recipient
> acknowledges that emails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity
> can not be guaranteed and that Company does not guarantee that any e-mail
> is virus-free and accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus
> transmitted by this email.

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-21, 08:29
+