Bigtop >> mail # user >> Re: Big Top and Ecosystem coverage goals...

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi ! New to the big top project but super excited as we have alot of work
> going on with HCFS file systems, and scaling out big top to run on broader
> deployment targets is one of my goals...
>
> Im noticing that the hive/hcatalog ecosystem are not explicitly listed in
> the "how to install..." section, which mentions
>
> hadoop\*
> flume\*
> mahout\*
> oozie\*
> whirr\*
> hbase\*
>
> (from
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.5.0).

This wiki is meant to be an example (although keeping our docs
up to date is something that we would really appreciate help
on). You can get a complete list of components currently packaged
by Bigtop by running a yum/apt-cache querry command.

> 1) I'm assuming im missing something... But is it the case that Big Top
> doesnt test Hive/Hcatalog?

Yes we do:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-smokecluster/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/org.apache.bigtop.itest.hivesmoke/

> 2) Is there a single web page that lists all of the HCatalog ecosystem
> test coverage?  If not maybe I can dig through the source and compile one
> for the site.

We've got the following two jobs that run nightly:
   http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-smokecluster/
   http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-smokecluster-secure/

There's an additional chunk of integration tests that
we run on-demand. Let me know if you have interest
in any specific one.

Thanks,
Roman.