HBase >> mail # user >> data loss after killing RS

+
Qing Yan 2011-05-27, 02:43
+
Friso van Vollenhoven 2011-05-27, 08:32
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-05-27, 16:39
+
Qing Yan 2011-05-28, 13:36
+
Qing Yan 2011-05-28, 13:47
Re: data loss after killing RS
You might want to look into bulk loading.

-Joey
On May 28, 2011 9:47 AM, "Qing Yan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, I realized myself RS flush to HDFS is not designed to do incremental
> changes. So there is no way around of WAL? man..just wish it can run a bit
> faster:-P
>
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Qing Yan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, thanks for the explaination. so data loss is normal in this case.
>> Yeah , I did a "kill -9". I did wait till the RS get reassigned and
>> actually let process B keep retring over the night ..
>>
>> Is WAL the only way to guarantee data safety in hbase? We want high
insert
>> rate though.
>> Is there a middle ground? e.g. a sync operation to flush RS to HDFS will
be
>> perfect!

+
Todd Lipcon 2011-05-28, 21:55