Hadoop >> mail # user >> Debugging Map-Reduce programs

Re: Debugging Map-Reduce programs
I am running in a local mode . Can you tell me how to set those breakpoints
or how to access those files so that i can debug the program.

The program is generating  => java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input
string: ""

But that particular string is the one which is the input to the mapclass .
So I think that it is not reading my input correctly .. But when i try to
print the same .. it isn't printing to the STDOUT ..
Iam using the FileInputFormat class

 FileInputFormat.addInputPath(conf, new
Path("/home/rip/Desktop/hadoop-0.18.3/input"));
FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(conf, new
Path("/home/rip/Desktop/hadoop-0.18.3/output"));

input and output are folders for inp and outpt.

It is generating these warnings also

09/06/16 12:38:32 WARN fs.FileSystem: "local" is a deprecated filesystem
name. Use "file:///" instead.

Thanks in advance