MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: Permission problem

RE: Permission problem
I don't see a "create issue" button or tab. If I need to log in then I am
not sure what credentials I should use to log in because all I tried failed.

From: Arpit Gupta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Permission problem

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP and select create issue.

Set the affect version to the release you are testing and add some basic
description.

Here are the commands you should run.

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -mkdir /data/hadoop/tmp

and

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod -R 777 /data

chmod is also for the directory on hdfs.
--
Arpit Gupta

Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Apr 30, 2013, at 8:57 AM, "Kevin Burton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>