HBase, mail # dev - ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.5 release candidate is available for download

+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-02, 17:29
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-04, 18:35
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-05, 04:20
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-05, 12:14
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-02-05, 18:26
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-05, 18:39
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-05, 19:03
Re: ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.5 release candidate is available for download
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-05, 19:16
Hi Ted,

Does it mean that 0.94.5 will not work anymore for those running
zookeeper separatly with a version < 3.4.5?

I'm running 3.4.3 in my cluster...

JM

2013/2/5, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Patch is available for:
> HBASE-7771 Secure HBase Client in MR job causes tasks to wait forever
>
> It removes the workaround from HBASE-4791 which went into 0.94.4
>
> Now that zookeeper 3.4.5 is used by 0.94.5, I think HBASE-7771 should go
> into 0.94.5
>
> My two cents.
>
> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The 1st 0.94.5 RC is available for download at
>> http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.5-rc0/
>>
>> Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328
>>
>> 0.94.5 is a bug fix release. This RC has 66 issues resolved against it,
>> contributed by 26 individuals.
>> These are mostly bug fixes. Also fixed is a long standing bug in
>> replication along with lots of random test failures.
>>
>> The full list of changes is available here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12323874
>>
>> Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and
>> vote +1/-1 by February 11th on whether we should release this as 0.94.5.
>>
>> The release testing spreadsheet is here:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdGNTUHVVY1lVZnpPT2Z5b0l2c3RoSHc#gid=0
>> (if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so
>> that we can gauge the coverage)
>>
>> HBase continues to be actively maintained; changes are coming in at a
>> rate
>> of about two commits per day.
>> There is no slow down in this RC with 66 commits over the course of about
>> a month.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -- Lars

+