Hadoop >> mail # user >> CombineFileInputFormat

CombineFileInputFormat
Hi,

I just came across a use case requiring CombineFileInputFormat under
hadoop 0.20.2.  I was surprised that the API does not provide a
default
implementation.  A precursory check against newer APIs also returned
the same result.
What's the rationale? I ended up writing my own implementation.
However, it struck me that this might be a common use case, so why not
provide
an implementation?

Thanks,

stan