Zookeeper >> mail # user >> An interesting problem removing a key

+
Ben Hall 2011-09-02, 00:58
Re: An interesting problem removing a key
Ben,
 I dont think I fully understand the use case. Is it possible that you
can register a different callback for that key?

Something like:

zk.exists(String path, Watcher watcher)

where you can register a different watcher for this path?

Would this work?

mahadev
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Ben Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have an interesting problem use case that we wanted to ping the group about.
>
> We have a Key on all of our Ensemble servers.  All of our clients are also subscribed to this key.  We want to remove the key from the ensemble servers without this action getting propagated down to the clients.  Or if it does get propagated down - at a minimum we do not want to watch callback function to be called.
>
> Is there a way to in essence sever the watches from the server perspective without the client knowing?
>
> We are investing looking into the hidden keys on the zookeeper servers that hold the list of watches and possibly editing that key.  has anyone done that before?  Do we know what happens when that key is edited manually?
>
> Any other suggestions or possibilities available to us?
>
> Thanks
> Ben
+
Ted Dunning 2011-09-02, 07:22