Hive, mail # user - Query is taking long time to process and return the result

Re: Query is taking long time to process and return the result
Dean Wampler 2012-10-29, 15:41
It's impossible to answer such a vague, open-ended question without
specifics. What's the query, for example? How is the data organized (e.g.,
is it partitioned)? What are the cluster characteristics?

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com