Avro >> mail # user >> Blog post on schema evolution

Blog post on schema evolution
Hello Avro-Users,

Something that may be of interest: I was interested to understand how
Avro, Protocol Buffers and Thrift compare in terms of schema evolution
features. To help understanding, I dug into the details of how each of
the libraries actually translates data structures into bytes on the
wire — and I found the differences between Avro's model and the others
quite illuminating.

I'd love to hear any feedback. Also, I've checked it carefully, but if
you find any errors, please shout :)

http://martin.kleppmann.com/2012/12/05/schema-evolution-in-avro-protocol-buffers-thrift.html

Thanks!
Martin