Zookeeper, mail # user - Re: Multiple ZooKeeper client instances

Re: Multiple ZooKeeper client instances
erezmazor 2011-07-13, 08:24
What about the scenario where I have tomcat running multiple webapps each
with it's own client? Could there be an interference between the clients
causing frequent session expirations?

I am seeing a lot of session expiration messages in the log:

DEBUG [main-EventThread] [ZkEventThread:88]     - New event: ZkEvent[State
changed to Expired sent to
com.outbrain.zookeeper.ZooKeeperClientStatsCollector

(using https://github.com/sgroschupf/zkclient)

I have looked at:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/Troubleshooting
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.1/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_commonProblems

But it doesn't seem like the clients are swapping, server has transaction
log on fast media and is running with >4GB ram.

I started seeing this problem occur more when I move from 2 webapps on a
tomcat instance to 3.