Kafka >> mail # dev >> Kafka REST interface

+
David Arthur 2012-08-03, 14:41
Re: Kafka REST interface
I have an internal one working and was hoping to have it open sourced in
the next week. The one at Box is based on the CodeIgniter framework, we
have about 45 RESTful interfaces built on this framework so I just put
together another one for Kafka.
Here are my notes, these were pre-dev so may be a little different than
what we ended up with.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Restful+API+Proposal

I will read yours later this afternoon, we should work together.

-Jonathan
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 7:41 AM, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to tackle this project (assuming it hasn't been started yet).
>
> I wrote up some initial thoughts here: https://gist.github.com/3248179
>
> TLDR;  use Range header for specifying offsets, simple URIs like
> /kafka/topics/[topic]/[partition], use for a simple transport of bytes
> and/or represent the messages as some media type (text, json, xml)
>
> Feedback is most welcome (in the Gist or in this thread).
>
> Cheers!
>
> -David
+
David Arthur 2012-08-06, 12:39