HDFS >> mail # dev >> collision in the naming of '.snapshot' directory between hdfs snapshot and hbase snapshot

Re: collision in the naming of '.snapshot' directory between hdfs snapshot and hbase snapshot
bq. let's make the hbase snapshot for a conf variable.

Once we decide on the new name of snapshot directory, we should still use
hardcoded value. This aligns with current code base:
See this snippet from HConstants:

  public static final List<String> HBASE_NON_TABLE_DIRS
    Collections.unmodifiableList(Arrays.asList(new String[] {
HREGION_LOGDIR_NAME,

      HREGION_OLDLOGDIR_NAME, CORRUPT_DIR_NAME, SPLIT_LOGDIR_NAME,

      HBCK_SIDELINEDIR_NAME, HFILE_ARCHIVE_DIRECTORY, SNAPSHOT_DIR_NAME,
HBASE_TEMP_DIRECTORY }));
Cheers