Flume >> mail # user >> Spooling fileSuffix attribute ignored

+
ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ 2013-05-21, 13:20
+
Phil Scala 2013-05-21, 15:17
Re: Spooling fileSuffix attribute ignored
Hi Phil,
Nice approach. How is the spooling directory source working for you? Any
thoughts on how it could be improved?

Mike
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Phil Scala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> Based on my use and understanding that setting “fileSuffix” is simpy the
> extension to the file to be added once the file was consumed and placed
> onto the channel.  I don’t think it was intended to be used to indicate a
> completely uploaded file.    In the dev newsgroup there was a discussion
> about having the spooler ”wait” for a little while before ingesting the
> file.  An ignore pattern may also be a good idea.****
>
> ** **
>
> Currently I am using an upload directory that I monitor and when lsof
> reports a file is not in use/open I then move it to my spool directory.  *
> ***
>
> ** **
>
> HTH****
>
> Phil****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Phil Scala****
>
> Software Developer / Architect
> Global Relay
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> *866.484.6630*  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]<https://ex1.globalrelay.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=01df0579a4cc42feb9f7e2801368f729&URL=mailto%3ainfo%40globalrelay.net>
> |  globalrelay.com<https://ex1.globalrelay.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=01df0579a4cc42feb9f7e2801368f729&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.globalrelay.com%2f>
>  ****
>
> ** **

+
ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ 2013-05-22, 07:43
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-22, 07:59
+
Phil Scala 2013-05-22, 22:55