Flume, mail # user - event ordering semantics

event ordering semantics
Jan Van Besien 2012-11-06, 12:10
Hi,

I am trying to figure out what are the exact semantics of flume with
respect to event ordering. I'm interested in both single agent and multi
agent setups.

The current documentation (http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html)
doesn't seem to mention anything about this topic.

Older documentation and posts to this mailing list, seem to suggest that
flume doesn't guarantee in order delivery of events, but also seem to
suggest that "it depends".

for example:

- https://github.com/cloudera/flume/wiki/FAQ (last topic)
-
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flume-user/201210.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3e

Can somebody clarify this for me? If flume doesn't generally guarantee
in order delivery, is it still achievable with a more restricted set of
features? Or is this simply not a good idea, and should I look elsewhere
with these kinds of requirements (or relax my requirements)?

Thanks in advance,
Jan
+
Brock Noland 2012-11-06, 12:54