Hive >> mail # user >> Jaspersoft reports over Hive

+
BALAKRISHNAN VISWANATHAN 2012-11-14, 08:40
Re: Jaspersoft reports over Hive
Hi,

As per my understanding, the JDBC driver for hive is not scalable, it's a
single threaded model.
Though even if you get handle of Data Access API, the latency to generate
report would be high !!
If you are ok with that , then please checkout the Thrift API and CLI
Driver class code:

http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.7.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/hive/cli/CliDriver.html
( this is bit older version link)

Most probably you need to build a server in between your client and HIVE
MetaStore.

Please this is my understanding, guys please correct me if I missed out
something.

Regards,
Manish