Hadoop >> mail # user >> mapred.map.tasks vs mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum

mapred.map.tasks vs mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
What's the difference between mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum and
mapred.map.tasks
**
I want my data to be split against only 10 mappers in the entire cluster.
Can I do that using one of the above parameters?