Hive, mail # dev - Issue involving non-sun java build

Re: Issue involving non-sun java build
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-27, 19:14
Hi Renata,
I'm glad to see you interested in contributing to Hive community! Please don't hesitate and follow the link provided by Brock in previous email if you're interested.

I just wanted to add that Hive is a Hadoop SQL Engine and thus we have major dependencies on Hadoop. Whereas extending Hive ability to work on other JDKs is definitely a great thing to do, I feel the need to warn that you might get into issues as Hadoop itself might not work on those JDKs. I know about following wiki page [1] that describes the support of various JDKs in Hadoop, but it seems not maintained any more.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions