Hive >> mail # dev >> Issue involving non-sun java build

Re: Issue involving non-sun java build
Hi Renata,
I'm glad to see you interested in contributing to Hive community! Please don't hesitate and follow the link provided by Brock in previous email if you're interested.

I just wanted to add that Hive is a Hadoop SQL Engine and thus we have major dependencies on Hadoop. Whereas extending Hive ability to work on other JDKs is definitely a great thing to do, I feel the need to warn that you might get into issues as Hadoop itself might not work on those JDKs. I know about following wiki page [1] that describes the support of various JDKs in Hadoop, but it seems not maintained any more.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions