HBase, mail # dev - HBase 0.94.1

+
lars hofhansl 2012-07-06, 00:36
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-07-09, 15:35
lars hofhansl 2012-07-09, 23:07
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 23:38
lars hofhansl 2012-07-09, 23:46
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 00:04
Jesse Yates 2012-07-10, 00:27
Andrew Purtell 2012-07-10, 00:52
Andrew Purtell 2012-07-10, 00:43
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 01:09
Gregory Chanan 2012-07-10, 01:34
Stack 2012-07-10, 16:37
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-07-10, 16:55
lars hofhansl 2012-07-10, 17:40
Andrew Purtell 2012-07-10, 06:38
lars hofhansl 2012-07-10, 04:15
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 08:56
+
Stack 2012-07-10, 16:33
+
Stack 2012-07-10, 16:23
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 16:57
Re: HBase 0.94.1
Todd Lipcon 2012-07-10, 17:14
I think there's an important distinction between the Java API of
metrics, and the implicit interface that the metrics themselves
expose. IMO, we can completely change the implementation of metrics
(e.g. class names and java APIs) so long as the actual names of the
metrics exposed are kept consistent. If we make a change there, we
should provide a deprecation path if at all possible - otherwise we
need a big warning on upgrade so that operators know what they're
getting themselves into.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon