HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase 0.94.1

Re: HBase 0.94.1
I think there's an important distinction between the Java API of
metrics, and the implicit interface that the metrics themselves
expose. IMO, we can completely change the implementation of metrics
(e.g. class names and java APIs) so long as the actual names of the
metrics exposed are kept consistent. If we make a change there, we
should provide a deprecation path if at all possible - otherwise we
need a big warning on upgrade so that operators know what they're
getting themselves into.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon