HBase >> mail # dev >> Runtime exceptions during meta scan

Runtime exceptions during meta scan
Hi,
Version: 0.90.3 + patches back ported

The other day our client started spitting these two runtime exceptions. Not
all clients connected to the cluster were under impact. Only 4 of them.
While 3 of them were throwing NPE, one of them was
throwing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. The errors are :

1. http://pastie.org/2987926
2. http://pastie.org/2987927

Clients did not recover from this and I had to bump them.

I wish to understand, since we are catching runtime exception in this block
of code - do we expect this kind of behavior. Also with the given stack
trace I can not tell which line caused NPE of AIOBE.

Thanks.

-Shrijeet
PS: Line numbers in stack trace may not match with 0.90.3 branch because of
extra patches we have.