Zookeeper, mail # user - Discover ZooKeper URL

Re: Discover ZooKeper URL
Vishal Kher 2011-04-29, 13:57
Hi Michele,

There have been discussions in the past about using a URL/IP address to
discover server configuration. See ZOOKEEPER-146 and ZOOKEEPER-1031 that are
considered as a part of ZOOKEEPER-107. But you seem to be proposing a scheme
where a client will discover a URL.

What is this URL used for? What is the information available to the client
before initiating the discovery protocol? Can you elaborate more on the use
case?

Thanks.
-Vishal