Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Running a 3-node ensemble on a single machine

Re: Running a 3-node ensemble on a single machine
You can create 3 different data directories and point your configuration
files to them. You can then open 3 shells, and each shell will run its own
server - you can point it to the right config file by using the ZOOCFG
parameter, like: export ZOOCFG=zoo_replicated3.cfg
Or you can run them all in one shell and provide the config file path as a
parameter to zkServer.sh.

Here's an example of zoo_replicated3.cfg, pointing to the zookeeper3 data
directory:

tickTime=2000
dataDir=/Users/shralex/zookeeper-3.4/zookeeper3
initLimit=5
syncLimit=2
clientPort=2791
server.1=localhost:2780:2783:participant
server.2=localhost:2781:2784
server.3=localhost:2782:2785:participant
Alex
No, it's not for testing. I'm not familiar with Curator's TestingCluster. I
would like to simulate the production environment.
On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:25 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> If this is just for testing, use the TestingCluster from Curator.
>
> On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Drew Kutcharian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> For development purposes I would like to run a 3 node Zookeeper ensemble
on a single machine (Mac OS X). What's the cleanest way to do this?