Accumulo, mail # user - Should I store Long values as String or Long?

Re: Should I store Long values as String or Long?
Christopher 2013-05-14, 00:47
Well, encoding it might save space, but strings are nice and
human-readable, especially in the shell, and in the overall scheme of
things, a string probably isn't really that much larger on disk,
especially after compression.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii