MapReduce, mail # user - Re: How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?

+
Morgan Reece 2013-03-05, 19:10
+
anton ashanin 2013-03-05, 19:47
+
anton ashanin 2013-03-05, 21:14
+
yibing Shi 2013-03-05, 22:25
+
anton ashanin 2013-03-05, 22:56
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-05, 23:30
Re: How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?
anton ashanin 2013-03-05, 23:38
Do the problem of installing Hadoop on a single DHCP node exist for Apache
distribution of Hadoop as well?
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> folks, another gentle reminder. Please use cloudera lists.
>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM, anton ashanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Do you run all Hadoop servers on a single host that gets IP by DHCP?
>> What do you have in /etc/hosts?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:25 AM, yibing Shi <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Anton,
>>>
>>> Cloudera manager needs fully qualified domain name. Run "hostname -f" to
>>> check whether you have FQDN or not.
>>>
>>> I am not familiar with Ubuntu, but on my CentOS, I just put the FQDN
>>> into /etc/sysconfig/network, which then looks like the following:
>>> NETWORKING=yes
>>> HOSTNAME=myhost.my.domain
>>> GATEWAY=10.2.2.254
>>>

>>> <http://demo.effectivemeasure.com/signatures/au/YibingShi.vcf>