HBase >> mail # user >> does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?

Re: does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?
On Feb 22, 2013 11:50 AM, "Jean-Marc Spaggiari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Just to add to Mohammad's advices, you should avoid to run ZK on the same
> servers as you are running HBase.
>
> Reason is, if you are running in long GCs, ZK might miss the heartbeats
and
> thinks servers are down. So safer to run same separately if you can.

Zk and HM run in seperate JVM; so how would running them on the same
machine will cause ZK missing hearbeats?
As far as I know as long as machine is powerful enough to handle the load
of ZK and HM, then it should be fine. One thing to note is that Zk will
work well if you have dedicated disk for it.