Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop connection to Informix Database

Re: Sqoop connection to Informix Database
On 22 January 2013 01:03, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi James,
> please accept my apologies for this late reply. I was travelling in last
> few days and I had limited access to my email.

Hi Jarek,

Please accept my apologies for a delay in a response but work got the
better of me for a bit ;)

Chasing this down it ended up being (with near certainty) a DB issue...

If the dataset was too large it ended up exploding with the error
described....

When where clauses were put in place to cut things down (plus an increased
number of mappers) the sqoop would then complete...

I suspect it was the DB timing out the connection and consequently no
session for the query to complete on...

It's an extremely large database I'm importing on and a query for min/max
of the PK for a day can take up to around 3-4 minutes...