Hadoop >> mail # user >> cdh4 HA fencing fails when the other node is down

cdh4 HA fencing fails when the other node is down
Hi,

I am trying to setup HA Namenode using cdh4, zkfc.
It works great when I kill -9 the active namenode.
But if I reboot/shutdown the host with active namenode. Failover fails.

The ZKFC complains fencing not succesful.
It has no route to host exception.

Is this expected ?

I looked into mailing list.
It seems that the fix is to move away from zkfc and use quorum based
auto failover.

But, this should be a pretty common requirement and I would think
there will be a solution for this scenario (With zkfc).

Please guide me/point me to solution.
-Sagar
+
Harsh J 2013-01-24, 04:07