Accumulo, mail # user - Organizing data in separate tables?

Re: Organizing data in separate tables?
Eric Newton 2013-01-19, 23:28
"It depends."

There are features of a table that allow you to organize the data.  You can
offline and clone a whole table.  You can create locality groups.   You can
add/remove permissions on whole tables.  So, tables have great features.

Intermingling data in the same table has its benefits. For example, the
IntersectingIterator pattern allows you to distribute search, and perform
complex searches by grouping data elements with their indexes.

But, if you are just going to create a row prefix to separate sections that
would logically go into different tables, just put them in different tables.

-Eric