HBase >> mail # user >> Problem in Input Format Class

+
Arsalan Bilal 2011-09-29, 14:23
+
Buttler, David 2011-09-29, 15:39
+
Arsalan Bilal 2011-09-30, 06:56
+
Sonal Goyal 2011-09-30, 07:02
Re: Problem in Input Format Class
Sorry, I think I got confused by the question and talked about the
OutputFormat not the input format, which is apparently what you are looking
for. Please ignore my answer. Apologies!

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Sonal Goyal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Arsalan,
>
> Are you trying to insert this data into HBase or are you trying to just
> process this log file using Hadoop? I am not sure how your question is
> related to HBase, so if it is unrelated, you can seek help on the mapreduce
> user lists.
>
> For a MR job, you can use TextInputFormat and specify the custom separator.
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3295.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sonal
> Crux: Reporting for HBase <https://github.com/sonalgoyal/crux>
> Nube Technologies <http://www.nubetech.co>
>
> <http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>
>

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Arsalan Bilal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> No , i did not try Guava's Splitter
>> I am asking about such input format class that takes also separator.
>> As example, job.setInputFormatClass(<Class Format>, <Seperator>);
>> What will be inputFormatClass here that support separator?
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Buttler, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Have you considered just taking the line of text as is and using Guava's
>> > Splitter?
>> >
>> > Not sure how this is related to HBase

+
Arsalan Bilal 2011-09-30, 11:37