Hadoop, mail # dev - Supporting cross-project Jenkins builds

+
Tom White 2012-04-16, 20:51
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-04-16, 20:55
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-04-16, 21:14
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-04-16, 21:22
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2012-04-17, 22:17
+
Tom White 2012-04-17, 22:31
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-04-17, 23:52
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2012-04-18, 03:36
Re: Supporting cross-project Jenkins builds
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-04-18, 17:11
Giri,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Giridharan Kesavan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Alejandro,
>
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Giri,
>>
>> I agree that running ALL tests all time takes a lot of time
>> (personally I'd prefer we do this at the penalty of longer runs).
>>
>> Still we have a problem to solve, we need to find a solution on
>> test-patch working for ALL maven modules, currently changes outside of
>> common/hdfs/mapred or cross-projects test-patch does not work.
>>
>> So, how about the following approach:
>>
>> * All patches must be at trunk/ level
>> * All patches do a full clean TARBALL creation without running testcases
>> * From the patch file we find out the maven modules and for those
>> modules we do javac-warns/javadoc-warns/findbugs/testcases
>
> I like this approach of doing a clean tarball.
> and doing the other checks ( javac warnings, javadoc warnings, findbug
> warnings and release audit.)
> for that specific module.

Great, the idea of the doing a clean tarball it to ensure that nothing
in the build/assembly is broken and that no API change breaks other
modules.

>> This would speed up test-patch runs and together with a nightly
>> jenkins jobs running ALL testcases would give a complete coverage.
>>

> test-patch and nightly jenkins jobs running ALL testcase?
> could you pls explain this?

you want to verify there is no regression because of functional
changes in all modules, doing this once a day seems reasonable and
will help identify the culprit early on (that is why I said in my
original email my preference would be to run everything every time)

thxs

---
Alejandro
+