From: Mikhail Antonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Friday, August 23, 2013 9:40 PM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Re: hiveserver2 with OpenLDAP ?

You don't need to rebuild Hive, no.

I see 2 solutions for that -

1) modify your LDAP data schema so it accepts uid instead of cn attribute (and actually I think it should be working, as after all there can't be so obvious bug in Hive...), so probably whoever tested that provider was using difference LDAP schema that what we have

2) write your class similar to the one mentioned, and point Hive to that in the hive-site.xml, set hive.server2.authentication=CUSTOM,and provide a full class name of your class (and make sure it's on classpath, of course).

I prefer second way. Hope it should help. Let me know it it worked for you.

*General question to folks* - am I missing something or there's really a bug in LDAP authenticator, which doesn't allow precise configuration of binding string?

Mikhail