Accumulo, mail # dev - Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch

+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-14, 16:55
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-15, 03:02
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 03:45
+
Mike Drob 2013-10-15, 02:24
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 03:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-10-15, 02:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-10-15, 03:57
+
dlmarion@... 2013-10-15, 12:16
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 15:16
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 15:20
+
Joey Echeverria 2013-10-15, 15:28
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-18, 05:29
+
Sean Busbey 2013-11-12, 14:22
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-12, 19:12
+
Sean Busbey 2013-11-12, 20:24
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-12, 20:48
+
Sean Busbey 2013-11-12, 21:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-12, 21:49
+
William Slacum 2013-11-12, 19:28
+
Sean Busbey 2013-11-12, 20:28
Re: Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch
William Slacum 2013-11-12, 21:14
The language of ACCUMULO-1795 indicated that an acceptable state was
something that wasn't binary compatible. That's my #1 thing to avoid.

> Maybe expressly only doing a binary convenience package for
> 0.20.203.0?

If we need an extra package, doesn't that mean a user can't just upgrade
Accumulo?

As a side note, 0.20.203.0 is 1.4,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey+[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM, William Slacum <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > A user of 1.4.a should be able to move to 1.4.b without any "major"
> > infrastructure changes, such as swapping out HDFS or installing extra
> > add-ons.
> >

> Right, exactly. Hopefully no part of the original plan contradicts this. Is
> there something that appears to?
>

> --
> Sean

+