Pig >> mail # user >> UDFContext NULL JobConf

+
Henning Kropp 2013-10-30, 16:57
Re: UDFContext NULL JobConf
Hi,

Are you getting NPE on the front-end or the back-end? Sounds like jobConf
is not added to UDFContext, which is expected on the front-end. Please see
the comments in getJobConf() and addJobConf() in the source code:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pig/trunk/src/org/apache/pig/impl/util/UDFContext.java

Thanks,
Cheolsoo
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Henning Kropp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am stuck. In my UDF (Java) extends EvalFunc the following code throws and
> NPE in exec(), when executed in -x mapred mode:
>
> Configuration jobConf = UDFContext.getUDFContext().getJobConf();
> System.err.println(jobConf.toString());
>
> I did not find any useful information as why my JobConf is always null. All
> I find is that this is the right way to get the JobConf in a UDF and that
> the behavior of what is returned when running locally (jira issue).
>
> Any ideas? I am running it on a very old Hadoop version 0.20.2 Are there
> some known issues? I use Pig 0.11.1
>
> Many thanks in advanced
>
> PS: Just found someone with the same issue
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18795008/accessing-hdfs-from-pig-udf

+
Henning Kropp 2013-10-30, 17:46
+