Hadoop >> mail # user >> why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?

+
周梦想 2012-12-20, 09:48
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-20, 10:08
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-20, 10:24
+
Harsh J 2012-12-20, 10:34
Re: why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?
Ohhhh...This is the benefit of sharing space with you. Thank you so
much for
keeping my knowledge base updated. It' high time, I require a proper re-scan
of everything.

@Andy : Now i'm truly sorry, for passing on the wrong info.

Best Regards,
Tariq
+91-9741563634
https://mtariq.jux.com/
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mohammad,
>
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I am sorry Andy, I forgot one important point.
> >
> >  The Secondary NameNode has been deprecated now, so consider using the
> > Checkpoint Node or Backup Node. Checkpoint Node is the process which is
> > actually responsible for creating periodic check points. It downloads
> > fsimage and log edits from the active NameNode, merges them locally, and
> > uploads the new image back to the active NameNode.
>
> This isn't true anymore. We are continuing to keep the SNN and have
> undeprecated it. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2397.
> We are perhaps deprecating the CheckpointNode though:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4114.
>
> --
> Harsh J

+