Hadoop, mail # user - why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?

+
周梦想 2012-12-20, 09:48
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-20, 10:08
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-20, 10:24
+
Harsh J 2012-12-20, 10:34
Re: why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-20, 10:43
Ohhhh...This is the benefit of sharing space with you. Thank you so
much for
keeping my knowledge base updated. It' high time, I require a proper re-scan
of everything.

@Andy : Now i'm truly sorry, for passing on the wrong info.

Best Regards,
Tariq
+91-9741563634
https://mtariq.jux.com/
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mohammad,
>
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I am sorry Andy, I forgot one important point.
> >
> >  The Secondary NameNode has been deprecated now, so consider using the
> > Checkpoint Node or Backup Node. Checkpoint Node is the process which is
> > actually responsible for creating periodic check points. It downloads
> > fsimage and log edits from the active NameNode, merges them locally, and
> > uploads the new image back to the active NameNode.
>
> This isn't true anymore. We are continuing to keep the SNN and have
> undeprecated it. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2397.
> We are perhaps deprecating the CheckpointNode though:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4114.
>
> --
> Harsh J

+