Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Running Zookeeper in 2 machines

+
erolagnab 2013-11-05, 04:38
+
Cameron McKenzie 2013-11-05, 04:52
+
erolagnab 2013-11-05, 05:42
Re: Running Zookeeper in 2 machines
The servers on machine1 will still try and connect to machine2 to form a
quorum because they cannot form a quorum themselves, because they only make
up half the cluster, and you need half + 1 machines to form a quorum.
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM, erolagnab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have 2 machines and I have tried to setup 3 ZK instances per machine.
> Configs below (i have appropriate myid file in the respected data dir, and
> both machines use the same configs):
>
> zoo1.cfg
> --------
> dataDir=/var/tmp/zookeeper/instance1
> clientPort=2181
> server.11=machine1:2888:3888
> server.21=machine2:2888:3888
> server.12=machine1:2889:3889
> server.22=machine2:2889:3889
> server.13=machine1:2890:3890
> server.23=machine2:2890:3890
>
> zoo2.cfg
> --------
> dataDir=/var/tmp/zookeeper/instance2
> clientPort=2182
> server.11=machine1:2888:3888
> server.21=machine2:2888:3888
> server.12=machine1:2889:3889
> server.22=machine2:2889:3889
> server.13=machine1:2890:3890
> server.23=machine2:2890:3890
>
> zoo3.cfg
> --------
> dataDir=/var/tmp/zookeeper/instance3
> clientPort=2183
> server.11=machine1:2888:3888
> server.21=machine2:2888:3888
> server.12=machine1:2889:3889
> server.22=machine2:2889:3889
> server.13=machine1:2890:3890
> server.23=machine2:2890:3890
>
> In machine1, i try zkServer.sh start for all 3 config but ZK not able to
> start. All 3 ZK instances are trying to open channel at election machine2
> address and not to machine1.
>
> If i start all 3 ZK instances in machine2, then ZK cluster starts nicely
> but
> then if i shutdown all in machine2, ZK cluster dies.

erolagnab 2013-11-05, 07:05
+
Cameron McKenzie 2013-11-05, 20:44
+