Hadoop, mail # user - Is it possible to access the HDFS via Java OUTSIDE the Cluster?

+
Ralf Heyde 2011-09-06, 14:29
Re: Is it possible to access the HDFS via Java OUTSIDE the Cluster?
Brock Noland 2011-09-05, 14:31
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Ralf Heyde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have found a HDFSClient which shows me, how to access my HDFS from inside
> the cluster (i.e. running on a Node).
>

> My Idea is, that different processes may write 64M Chunks to HDFS from
> external Sources/Clients.
>
> Is that possible?

Yes, the same HDFSClient code you have above should work outside the
cluster, you just need core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml in your
classpath so client knows where the namenode is and what the block
size should be.

Brock
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-09-05, 15:04
+
Sofia Georgiakaki 2011-09-05, 15:42
+
George Kousiouris 2011-09-05, 15:47