Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Is it possible to access the HDFS via Java OUTSIDE the Cluster?

Re: Is it possible to access the HDFS via Java OUTSIDE the Cluster?
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Ralf Heyde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have found a HDFSClient which shows me, how to access my HDFS from inside
> the cluster (i.e. running on a Node).
>

> My Idea is, that different processes may write 64M Chunks to HDFS from
> external Sources/Clients.
>
> Is that possible?

Yes, the same HDFSClient code you have above should work outside the
cluster, you just need core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml in your
classpath so client knows where the namenode is and what the block
size should be.

Brock