HDFS >> mail # user >> File edit in Hadoop

+
Stuti Awasthi 2012-01-03, 12:11
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-01-03, 18:31
+
Stuti Awasthi 2012-01-04, 05:49
+
M. C. Srivas 2012-01-03, 22:56
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-01-03, 23:22
Re: File edit in Hadoop
Stuti - it's best to stick to questions about Apache Hadoop on *@hadoop.apache.org lists. The Apache Hadoop mailing lists exist to help users and developers of Apache Hadoop.

For vendor specific questions use vendor specific lists  and rely on your own homework - Srivas has very little incentive to point out MapR doesn't support end-to-end security and so on, not completely unexpected.

Arun

On Jan 3, 2012, at 4:11 AM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Wish you all a very Happy New Year.
>
> As I know that files once written in Hadoop are immutable. I can’t edit the files in Apache distribution of Hadoop.
> I tried with MapR distribution and I am able to edit, replace the files with this distribution.
>
> I wanted to know does CDH3 also support file edit,replace functionality as normally done with NFS.
>
> Please suggest.
> Thanks
>

> Regards,
> Stuti Awasthi
> HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd
> F-8/9 Basement, Sec-3,Noida.
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::
>
> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and

M. C. Srivas 2012-01-04, 03:52
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-01-04, 17:28
+