Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Unused API in LocalDirAllocator

+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-09-04, 11:34
Re: Unused API in LocalDirAllocator
I don't think it really matters that much.  The API is limited Private and
unstable, so I would say just remove it, but fixing it is fine too.
Either way file a JIRA on it.

--Bobby

On 9/4/12 6:34 AM, "Hemanth Yamijala" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Stumbled on the fact that LocalDirAllocator.ifExists() is not used
>anywhere. The previous usage of this API was in the IsolationRunner
>that was removed in MAPREDUCE-2606.
>
>This API doesn't call the confChanged method and hence there is an
>uninitialised variable that causes a NullPointerException. So, either
>we can fix that, or remove the API if it's not required. This is also
>one of the reasons why the IsolationRunner was broken in 1.0.
>
>Thoughts ?
>
>Thanks
>hemanth
+