Hadoop >> mail # user >> Multiple reducers

+
Hoot Thompson 2011-11-29, 14:33
+
Harsh J 2011-11-29, 14:41
+
Bejoy Ks 2011-11-29, 14:45
+
Hoot Thompson 2011-11-29, 14:56
Re: Multiple reducers
Hi

Try setting the parameter mapred.reduce.tasks
hadoop jar hadoop-0.20.2-examples.jar  wordcount -D mapred.reduce.tasks=4 <Input> <Output>

Thanks.
Sumit

________________________________
 From: Hoot Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 November 2011 8:03 PM
Subject: Multiple reducers

I'm trying to prove that my cluster will in fact support multiple reducers,
the wordcount example doesn't seem to spawn more that one (1). Is that
correct? Is there a sure fire way to prove my cluster is configured
correctly in terms of launching the maximum (say two per node) number of
mappers and reducers?

Thanks!